Haste makes waste......


Over the years, I have seemed to be plagued with clumsiness. Although, looking back, it was obvious I missed those subtle signs to slow down. So here I peck away at the computer with a janky finger because Mama was rushing to make dinner and didn’t take the two seconds I needed to wash the avocado slime off before moving on to the next. I’m a chronic power walker and cannot handle strolling. I must finish a to-do list at all costs. I think that is what people consider a little high strung?

 These past couple of “snow” days have given me that gift of slowing down. Just when I feel myself trying to do too much, the stitches in my finger pull just a little bit. I’ve been reflecting on my life in my 20’s, and boy was it a blur. From nursing school, marriage, graduation, new jobs, buying homes, selling a home, having puppy children and a human child, moving half way across the country, sickness and health, it is no wonder we always feel a little busier than what we can handle.

 So here I am again, with a “haste makes waste” (a Papa Beckerism) injury and I keep asking myself, “Meagan Jeanine when are you going to learn??” So, I think I’m going to dedicate this last year of my 20’s to walking a little slower (Lord help me), being still for a few minutes a day and learning to be a little kinder to myself. I would love to learn to stop and smell the flowers like Jacob insists on doing. I vow to notice the laugh lines in my husband’s face and the pepperings of grey on my sweet pups’ fur. I always say, “Gosh I can’t believe it is already ______ month.” Life moves quickly enough, and I don’t need to add to its speed. So here is hoping to really, truly taking life 1 Drop at a Time because stitches hurt and are super annoying. Universe I see you. I promise to slow it down and listen a little (lot) more closely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life