2018 Flu Chronicles

Day 1:

I am scared. 

Day 2:

I am on Day 2 of the Flu Saga 2018. I'm exhausted, to say the least. As they used to say on MTV's True Life, "you think you know but you have no idea" that is where I am at right now. My day consists of thinking about doing a lot of things, like walking to the kitchen to get some water or letting the dogs out. It takes a solid 20 minutes to execute any given action. Keep in mind y'all my house is 1800 square feet.

My Apple watch has been great at reminding me how sluggish I have been. This morning, it sent a nice, little note "Meagan, your move and exercise goals were way off target yesterday." You think Apple? If only you knew it is like running a marathon to go 10 feet. I definitely haven't been speed walking anywhere. It has been more of a shuffle.

I was outside for a solid 30 minutes in my knock off from Amazon, a "zero gravity, relax your back chair." I had my bright red blanket, hair a mess and a mock-tail in a stemless wine glass consisting of Diet Cranberry and La Kroger (knock off of La Croix). Have you ever pondered the functionality of a stemless wine glass? It is like a pair of cargo shorts, none of the chaffing but all the airflow and storage you could ever need. Hopefully none of my neighbors witnessed me in my primal state. I'm finding in all my moments of solitude I am pretty ridiculous. 

Day 3:

Dare I say I am in the upward swing of healing? Although, I have been sitting at the kitchen table for about 30 minutes and I'm starting to sweat. Who knew sitting would be such a core workout?

Here is my real talk, I am sure you probably asked this question at some point during the blog. Did I get the flu shot? The answer is, no. Does the current flu shot cover the type of flu I have? No. BUT My son and husband both got the shot and they have been enjoying evenings and hugs. I miss hugs. I am not going to lecture anyone about getting the shot. I know for myself, next flu season, I will say YES to the flu shot. Because moving 1 Drop at a Time at flu speed is not fun at all.

If you are healthy, I wish you continued health and if you are sick, I wish you healing!

Here is the link to the CDC website with Flu Prevention Tips:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/preventing.htm






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life