2020 The Year of Perfect Vision

2020. I had high hopes for this past year. My family was recovering from the death of my father-in-law. We held onto this new year as the savior for our heartache and the chance for a fresh start. We started the new year off with a Disney Cruise. We came home, and all 3 of us fell ill. I'm talking fevers, shortness of breath, cough, and no smell. Sound familiar? I'm pretty sure we all had COVID-19. 

Here we are, November 2020, and we are about to go back on lockdown. My mind cannot even comprehend the truth while I make a list of frozen meals to prepare and write a grocery list a mile long. You know what really sucks, life for our 5 year old was just beginning to feel a smidge normal. All that said, I understand the importance of staying safe and limiting exposure, but damn, it is hard. 

So here I am, in the pity party realm. Our poor Jacob misses his grandparents. It's been almost a year since he has been able to see them beyond a screen. Thankfully, they are alive and well. As you may know, Jacob is a rule-follower. Somehow, his only 5 year old self understands the gravity of this pandemic. He will tell you how to stay safe, with a side of sass. I love that kid. 

Having Type 1 Diabetes in this Pandemic has been frightening, I won't lie. I've experienced delays in supply shipments. I know every time I choose to venture outside is a risk. 

At the end of the day, I had high hopes of 2020. It was supposed to save us from the pain of 2019. Even though 2020 didn't deliver us from heartache, like we hoped, 20/20 denotes perfect vision --- 2020 has gifted me the ideals that make life so beautiful. It doesn't take much to be happy. Health, family, and home. I'm just going to be really honest and admit going back into quarantine, shelter-in-place, lockdown, whatever you call it --- it's hard. 

At the end of the day, I have many friends that are nurses and doctors working on the front lines. So, if that means we need to shelter-in-place and be mindful of our outings, I’m here for it. The whole notion of loving family from afar has created a whole new meaning. Join me as I take it 1 Drop at a Time, as I try my best to stay safe and love my neighbor as myself. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

The Little Things