A small scribble, a big savings...

So if you remember from my older posts, going to the pharmacy sent me down a dark alleyway full of pity parties and despair. Now, it is like rolling up, seeing old friends. Heck, it is kind of fun to see all the new Pharmacy students and how overly friendly and excited they are about life. Not too long ago it was that wonderful time where I needed to buy insulin. It is always a hit to the wallet but beggars can't be choosers. I'm just thankful it is readily available. I don't calculate all the "fun" things I would rather buy. Let's face it, that is not a helpful practice when I'm trying to be all "yay life!".

Well, I get home and start unloading my goodies, when I noticed the quick jot "may get manufacture's coupon on line." It was obviously written with haste but I am so thankful to whoever that angel was, who took the time to write those few words. It makes me wonder how many missed opportunities I've had because I was "too busy" to take 5 seconds to do something? 

I didn't get my hopes up but pulled out my phone. I quickly found Novolog's website and bam, I had to fill in a few things but I was quickly granted a prescription discount card. Now my insulin will only cost me $25 for a monthly supply. Now that is a price I can stomach. It kind of grosses me out that I even put a price on my life, but really though. So for the next two years I will get this discounted rate for insulin. 

Bottle line, if you take any sort of prescription medication, check out the manufacturer's website. You may never know what discounts are behind that quick scribble. 

**update from last post**
My finger is healing nicely and itchier than ever. I am still a chronic speed walker but I did walk slowly and look at a still frozen pond with Jacob today. I guess you can say I'm talking it 1 Drop at a Time at a quick drip rate. Have a great week!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life