In Sickness and In Health

Well today was the ever dreaded doctor's appointment. However, all that stress and worry was in vain. I lowered my A1C to 6.0!! However, my cholesterol went up a smidge, so I pretty much need to lay off the cheese. Sad day. Cheese is my life, no carbs, no problems...

Warning: A little sappiness up ahead :) 

On June 11th, Osman and I will be celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary!!! We both came from diverse backgrounds and chose to be married by a Jewish judge who specialized in interfaith/intercultural weddings. Osman and I wrote our ceremony, and for us, it was perfect. I remember, just for good measure, we both put in the line "in sickness and health." I thought this wouldn't be needed until we were old and having a knee replacements. Never in a million years did I think we would spend this past year navigating the murky waters of chronic illness. 

That being said, the man I married has far surpassed the promises he vowed on our wedding day. His patience and forgiving spirit continue to amaze me. I can get pretty mean when I'm high and I can get pretty mean when I'm low. There is no winning some days. When I want to have a pitty party for myself, he brings the decorations. He calculates the carbs in meals and bakes low carb deserts for me, while I'm at work. Most of all, he is by my side through highs and lows and reminds me that it will all be okay, I just have to take it 1 Drop at a Time. 

Happy 5th Anniversary to my best friend and partner for life! Life is so much sweeter because of you. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life