In my own little corner

The past couple of nights haven't gone so well. Last night, I even had two lows. Before, I would eat a glucose tab or two, surf Facebook and silently pity myself. That was before Beyond Type 1 came out with an app that is basically what would happen if Twitter and Instagram had a baby and that baby just happen to have T1D. This app is world wide and beyond amazing. Last night, while I "patiently" waited for my blood sugar to go up, I was immediately connected with more than one person experiencing the very same thing!

Sure, I got frustrated and said a few choice words, especially when my dexcom sounded the alarm for another blood sugar in the 50's but I wasn't alone. Now that I have had some time to reflect, I realize just how many people from all over the world, I have met. Sometimes I fear diabetes will chain me down to my comfort zone, but with this app, I get a glimpse at just how large and beautiful this world is. How can you not get a bit of wanderlust, especially when you know there is a fellow T1D in another corner of the world?

Beyond Type 1 has done it again. They bring so much normalcy and awesomeness to the world of T1D. What would I do without them?

If you, or someone you know has T1D, or is a caregiver for someone with T1D, here is the link for the app...for me, it sure has made taking it, 1 Drop at a Time, so much easier ❤️.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life