A small act of kindess

I had to get my labs drawn this morning. It encompassed a whole plethera of tests with lots and lots of numbers and ranges. For three months, I can kind of pretend I am not sick and some days, it is so nice. 

For me, I treat this new normal as though it is not a complicated, chronic illness. Sure, I have to take more time to do things. I have to plan and then plan some more. At the end of the day, I just don't want to be an illness. So having to go to the doctor and be "graded" on how well I am handling life, just sucks. That being said, my doctor is awesome and never makes me feel that way, this is all me. 

So here I sit and play the world's smallest violin, in a puddle of self woe. I don't even know if my numbers are bad or good, I just don't want to be numbers anymore. 

And then I spilled my entire cup of Jittery Joe's Coffee. Everywhere. What an ever so embarrassing mess. I went up to the counter and asked for some paper towels and in turn, the baristas came armed with mops and towels and lots of reassuring words that it was, "no big deal." I know they didn't realize I was having a not so great morning, over shadowed by a high fasting blood sugar (for no reason) on the very day I had to get labs drawn. 

They smiled and got me another cup of coffee on the house. They helped me restart my day and my attitude. So thanks baristas of Jittery Joe's for putting life in perspective again with a simple act of kindness. I'll try better to take it 1 Drop at a Time and stay present in this moment, spilled coffee and all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life