Changes

My work week is over, yay! A couple days ago my dreaded medical alert bracelet came in the mail, or what I thought was dreaded. I actually love it! It looks just like a silver bangle but it is a piece of jewelry that could essentially save my life. I found it on esty, cutcolorcreate is the business name, the bracelet was reasonably priced and customizable. I would highly recommend this product. It is made from aluminum and water proof! So for me, it was a trendy but practical option.

This week was an exciting one. After many pros and cons lists and discussions with Osman, I decided to become a Baylor nurse or a nurse that only works Saturday and Sunday. It will provide me with a much needed weekly routine and the cherry on the top is getting to spend some more time with my little man, Jacob. It is funny how life finds a way of working itself. Especially when I don't get in my own way! Like I have said before, I am a self proclaimed control freak.

I also have an appointment with my doctor about getting an insulin pump. I'm glad the bracelet came in first, it gave me a little practice with having a tangible representation of this disease on my body. I do believe the next logical step is getting a pump, but sometimes logic and emotion don't quite go hand in hand.  So I'll keep you posted about that....I'm learning more and more everyday that better communication and asking for help make it a lot easier to take it, 1 Drop at a Time. 

Here is my new jewelry addition! Link for the product can be found below.




Here is the link for this great product: 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cutcolorcreate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life