Insulin for Brunch?

Sunday afternoons always seem to come too quickly. They make my heart ache a little, I feel like the magic of the weekend is fading and it is back to the realities, routines and rush of the week. Athens has some pretty great, local restaurants and we have been doing our best to try them all out. Brunch is my favorite, mainly because you can have coffee, but it always seems to be a little bit easier to choose lower carb options. Although, I do eye the person eating the GINORMOUS cinnamon roll and weirdly contemplate asking them if I could smell their breath. Once I get my personally calculated carb to insulin ratio (that sounds so Hoity Toity) I will eventually be able to splurge here and there, but until then, I will just admire from a distance.  I have a small favor to ask in this post, as I'm in need of some opinions. I use an insulin pen, it literally looks like a fancy ink pen. I attach a small needle to the end of it and it allows me to select a dose and inject. This is my dilemma, do I inject at the table, say in that ever so flappy part of my arm or excuse myself and administer the insulin in the bathroom? I honestly tried to think about a time I saw someone give themself insulin and I cannot think of one instance. But then again I wasn't looking. Maybe that answers my question. At the end of the day, I just don't want to freak anyone out or cause someone to lose their appetite. Let me know your thoughts either in the comment section below, or you can email me at mjbecker32@gmail.com. Thanks! 


Here are the inner workings of an insulin pen, in case you were wondering. 


Comments

  1. I think it depends on the circumstances. Plenty of times I injected in my thigh under the table if wearing shorts or a skirt. And if it's busy and you're seated in a back booth, chances are slim any one would notice. That being said, I usually excused myself out to the car for a quick minute. Bathrooms...ewww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input :) bathroom isn't my favorite either!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life