Rock out with your pump out!

Y'all, I did it. I traveled to another country, diabetes and all. I gave up trying to hide my pump and just wore it on my shoulder.  Let me rewind a little and tell you about my friend, Chelsea. You know the person that never knows a stranger? Well that is my friend, Chels. Chelsea and Alex just got married in Cabo and it was such a fun weekend. At the beginning of my diabetes journey, I reached out to Chelsea and asked her about starting a blog. Chels had a successful fashion blog in college, and she knew the ins and outs. She encouraged me to go for it, so I took the plunge. I'm so glad I did. 

Well fast forward a few months and Chelsea and Alex announced they were getting married. Yay!! The wedding would be in Cabo San Lucas. I was so excited for them, and for the opportunity to be a part of their wedding. Then that crushing fear of "how do I travel with this chronic illness" hit. 

To say I didn't want to back out several times would be a lie, but you know what? I packed up my supplies and we did it. We traveled, we celebrated the happy couple, we had fun. 

Sure, I experieced some highs and lows and my Dexcom almost came out in the pool, but like a year ago, when I started my blog, I took an even bigger step and traveled out of my comfort zone. 

If anything, diabetes makes you thankful for all the people in your corner. Whether they know it or not, they make me a better, stronger person. So just like Gary, the father of the bride, said-practice gratitude everyday, some days may be easier than others, but this weekend sure 
did make it easier to take it 1Drop at a Time. 


Chelsea and me 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of Chronic Illness

Diagnosis Day: 8/14/15

Pump Life